Peace and Stillness was started in 2008 by Brian Clevenger (business formerly known as Clevenger Massage). Brian thought it would be a good idea to have a mobile massage business offering Chair Massage and Trigger Point Therapy. He was very helpful in setting the tone for Melissa to pick it up where he left off and she's been running with it ever since. Many thanks to you, Brian!! You're a genius!
The business name had since changed to Peace and Stillness between 2014-15 to open a new door to the Reiki practice Melissa had fallen so in love with and didn't want to limit herself or her clients to offering massage only. Reiki principles are centered around and coming from a place of pure love and peace.
"May peace prevail on earth, heaven knows we need it." - Anonymous
When Melissa is away from healing at the studio, she loves writing, singing and playing guitar. Loves nature and the sea especially. Her childhood dream has been to be a singer since the age of 5. That dream is becoming a reality as she continues to write, play at local cafes and coffee shops.
Now back to a little bit about Melissa's training for healing:
- 2016, Myofascial Release Therapy, Got Your Back, Conshohocken, Pa
- 2014, Reiki 1, 2 and 3 attaining Reiki Master Level, The Reiki School and Clinic, Queen Village, Pa
- 2014, CPR Certification, Philadelphia, Pa
- 2013, Hot Stone Massage and CPR, NSI Conference Center, Warminster, Pa
- 2010, Enjoy CPR, Vine Street Community Center, Philadelphia Pa
- 2009, Sports Massage, Got Your Back,Conshohocken, Pa
- 2005, Anatomy and Physiology I, Northampton Community College, Northampton, Pa
- 2003, Hot Stone Massage, North Jersey School of Massage, Parsippany, NJ
- 1999, Deep Tissue Massage, Health Options Institute, Bethlehem, Pa